From: Harriett R. Logan <harriett@logan.com>
Subject: Otis bids you happy spring
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 12:28:30 -0400
To: LoganberryNews@logan.com <LoganberryNews@logan.com>

Salutations,

Can you believe it’s already Sidewalk Sale month? Lots of good stuff!

Stump the Bookseller
Stump the BooksellerVisit the Stump the Bookseller blog to reconnect with lost literary memories, like this one.

162C: A cute knight on some kind of quest

A children’s picture book in my library around 1986.  A cute knight on some kind of quest.  Detailed illustrations where each character has unique heraldry?  At some point someone says to the knight “Good morning, good knight” to which he replies “that was a very short day”.  Title maybe like Sir X?

Visit the blog

Poetry Month
JCU Poetry Reading
Tuesday, May 29, 7-8:30pm

~ special event ~
A reading of poetry and prose by John Carroll University Creative Writing students in George Bilgere's class.  Featuring Danny Caine ("Lonely Skymall"), Chris McDonald ("Entanglewood"), Chrissy Mihalic ("Never a John Deere") and Paige Webb ("What Would I Say for Address").

Annex Gallery
Altered Book Group: Secrets
Thursday, May 1, 6-8pm
~ first Thursdays ~
An exhibit of altered books, featuring the works of C.T. Anson, Cynthia Beeker, Phyllis Brody, Sarah Clague, Gene Epstein, Pat Pitingolo, and Anne Weissman.  Show continues through May 31.
Subsequent Annex Gallery Openings will be on the first Wednesday of the month.

Live Music
Time CapsuleTime Capsule: Explorations in Improvisation
Thursday, May 1, 7-8:30pm
Explorations in Improvisation features percussionist Anthony Taddeo.  Come hear and support innovative music!  Admission is pay-as-you-will.  Next Time Capsule concert here will be Thursday, May 26.

Open Mic
Broadsides and EphemeraBroadsides and Ephemera
Thursday, May 8, 7:00-8:30pm

~ second Thursdays ~
We continue our open mic series called Broadsides & Ephemera, a spoken word showcase of local writers, artists, and performers.  A perfect environment for shaping, sharing, and improving your poetry, prose, song, theatre and performance art.  Come one, come all!

Book Launch
Cle Goes ModNina Freedlander Gibans and James D. Gibans:
Cleveland Goes Modern
Sunday, May 11, 3:30pm

Shaker Historical Society, 16740 South Park Blvd
~ special off-site event ~

Nina and Jim Gibans have written a new book about modern architecture movement in Cleveland. Based on the award-winning exhibition of the same name, Cleveland Goes Modern: Design for the Home, 1930–1970, examines Modern movement houses in greater Cleveland within the context of American Modernism as a whole. Beautifully illustrated, the book features the work of six architects: Don Hisaka, John Terence Kelly, Robert Little, William Morris, Ernst Payer, and Fred Toguchi. The Book Launch at the Shaker Historical Society (16740 South Park Blvd.) coincides with an architectural tour of the houses and the film "Pepper Ridge Rd. The Vision of Robert A. Little."

Live Music
Brian HenkeBrian Henke
Thursday, May 15, 7:00-8:30pm

~ third Thursdays ~
Our favorite acoustic guitar maestro kicks off our summer live music programming.  From May 'til Ocotober, every Thursday evening will feature live entertainment -- open mics for writers and musicians, and live music.  Brian Henke is no stranger to guitar artists, but seeing him perform live is worth the experience.  He even says he'll bring the Dreamcaster, an instrument featuring two guitar necks and a lute.  Seeing is believing.  Admission is pay-as-you-will.

NOBS Forums
NOBSRebecca Knab: Association Copies
Wednesday, May 21, 7:00pm

~ third Wednesdays ~
Rebecca Knab has been collecting association copies for a decade or so, and has amassed some interesting curios and artifacts.  An association copy bears the library mark or previous owner's stamp of interest.  How cool would it be to own T.S. Eliot's copy of The Canterbury Tales?  Or Samuel Mather’s copy of Lake Erie by Harlan Hatcher?  Pretty cool, don't you think?

Live Music
GJHGene's Jazz Hot
Thursday, May 22, 7pm

~ fourth Thursdays, odd months ~

Gene's Jazz Hot is back to oil the floors and make the books dance.  Infectious happy toe-tapping swing music, as performed by Gene Epstein on double bass, Kevin Richards on guitar, Bill Kenney on clarinet and Reed Simon on violin.  Come join the happy ensemble and celebrate spring.
Donations for the band encouraged.

Larchmere
SSSidewalk Sale
Saturday, May 24, 10am--6pm

~ Memorial Day weekend ~
It's spring!  Time for our semi-annual Sidewalk Sale, featuring bargains on the sidewalks and 20% off all books in the store.  Let's hope for sunny weather, we all could use some sunshine to celebrate, and to sit outside with a good book.

Classics Club
Cat and MouseGunter Grass: Cat And Mouse
Wednesday, May 28, 7pm
~ now on fourth Wednesdays ~
To compensate for his unusually large Adam's apple - source of both discomfort and distress - fourteen year old Joachim Mahlke turns himself into athlete and ace diver. Soon he is known to his peers and his nation as 'The Great Mahlke'. But to his enemies, he remains a target. He is different and doomed in a country scarred by the war.

Thanks, and happy reading,

Harriett

Loganberry Books

13015 Larchmere Boulevard;  Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120;  216.795.9800

www.LoganberryBooks.com  w  books@loganberrybooks.com

Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image035.png@01CD6FD1.27CF2FB0  Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image036.png@01CD6FD1.27CF2FB0  @loganberrybooks

Hours
Monday-Tuesday 10am-6pm; Wednesday-Thursday 10am-8:30pm; Friday-Saturday 10am-6pm; Sunday 12-4pm

This is a monthly e-newsletter from Loganberry Books.  Archives and Press Releases:  http://mail.logan.com/lists/.

Image
image001.jpg
Image