From: Harriett R. Logan <LoganberryNews@logan.com>
Subject: Sidewalk Sale this Saturday!
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 20:00:35 -0400
To: loganberrynews@logan.com <loganberrynews@logan.com>

Salutations,

As May winds to its conclusion, we have our first Sidewalk Sale of the season, two (metaphorical) trips to Italy, PorchFest and a full musical line-up on Thursday nights, and Otis’s seventh birthday! We also have our rescheduled book signing with Mary Doria Russell, and it’s just 7 weeks until our annual Author Alley.  Is it on your calendar yet?

Larchmere

Larchmere Sidewalk Sale
Saturday, May 23, 2015, 10:00AM—5:00PM
~ annual event ~
Discover Larchmere Boulevard, an indie merchants mecca with over 40 shops, galleries, eateries and services featuring art, antiques, books, china, gifts, jewelry, oriental rugs, wearable art, beauty salons and more. Join us for our bi-annual sidewalk sales, with seasonal bargains, outdoor shopping, extra street vendors and food trucks. Loganberry Books will have some extra-special bargains out on the sidewalk, as well as 20% off all books inside the store. What's not to love?

Classics Club

Louise Erdrich: Tracks
Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM

~ fourth Wednesdays ~
Set in North Dakota at a time in the past century when Indian tribes were struggling to keep what little remained of their lands, Tracks is a tale of passion and deep unrest. Over the course of ten crucial years, as tribal land and trust between people erode ceaselessly, men and women are pushed to the brink of their endurance—yet their pride and humor prohibit surrender. The reader will experience shock and pleasure in encountering characters that are compelling and rich in their vigor, clarity, and indomitable vitality.

Live Music

Lonesome Ranger
Thursday, May 28, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM

~ Thursday music series ~
Lonesome Ranger is a solo music project by Angelisa Crognale. Referred to as Ranger by her closest friends, Angelisa started her musical experience as a singer-songwriter playing open mics and local music venues around Cleveland. Always wanting to play with other musicians, she ventured off into other genres of music experimenting with political folk music and raucous rock and roll. Coming full circle, she has returned to the solo girl and guitar gig with a new identity as a songwriter.

Local Voices

Nancy West: All' Anno Prossimo
Saturday, May 30, 2015, 1:00—3:00PM

~ local voices ~
There is something magical about arriving in a foreign place only to realize one has come home. In a series of emails written to friends over the course of twelve wonderful springs spent in Florence, Italy, Nancy West revels in the beauty, the customs, and the people of Tuscany. Inspired by a lifelong passion for travel, she found a “second home” in Florence in her retirement. West’s witty, conversational, and insightful observations bring the countryside to life for her readers. All’ Anno Prossimo is more than a travel memoir. It’s a love song.

Annex Gallery
Lauren Pacini: Tuscany in Black and White
Wednesday, June 3, 2015, 6:00—8:00PM
~ first Wednesdays ~
Lauren Pacini specializes in high-contrast black and white photography. His primary focus is the urban landscape with particular emphasis on the adaptive re-use of historic properties (Cleveland, particularly, for which he has several books featuring his work). This gallery collection focuses on the romantic urban landscape of Tuscany, Italy. Annex Gallery exhibition continues through June 29.

Open Mic

Folknet Acoustic Night
Thursday, June 4, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ first Thursdays ~
Mallory SanMarco of Folknet will be the emcee of this all-acoustic open mic. 15 minute slots are available for interested musicians, but you don't have to play to enjoy the tunes! Come hear what's going on in the neighborhood, and to relax a bit while sampling our homegrown talent. All are welcome.

Open Mic
Broadsides and Ephemera
Thursday, June 11, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ second Thursdays ~
Our poetry open mic, Broadsides & Ephemera, has grown in popularity lately.  This is a spoken word showcase by and for local writers; a perfect environment for shaping, sharing, and improving your poetry, prose, song, playwriting and performance art.  Come early to get your name on the presenter’s list!  Come one, come all!

Book Signing

Mary Doria Russell: Epitaph
Friday, June 12, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
* rescheduled *
Mary Doria Russell, the bestselling, award-winning author of The Sparrow, creates an American Iliad with Epitaph. This richly detailed and meticulously researched historical novel continues the story she began in Doc, following Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday to Tombstone, Arizona, and to the gunfight at the O.K. Corral.
It should have been a simple misdemeanor arrest. Thirty seconds and thirty bullets later, three officers were wounded and three citizens lay dead in the dirt. Wyatt Earp was the last man standing, the only one unscathed. The lies began before the smoke cleared, but the gunfight at the O.K. Corral would soon become central to American beliefs about the Old West.
Epitaph tells Wyatt’s real story, unearthing the Homeric tragedy buried under 130 years of mythology, misrepresentation, and sheer indifference to fact. Epic and intimate, this novel gives voice to the real men and women whose lives were changed forever by those fatal 30 seconds in Tombstone. At its heart is the woman behind the myth: Josephine Sarah Marcus, who loved Wyatt Earp for forty-nine years and who carefully chipped away at the truth until she had crafted the heroic legend that would become the epitaph her husband deserved.

NOBS Forums

Rebecca Knab: Music and Literature
Wednesday, June 17, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ third Thursdays ~
How do authors use music in their fictional writings?  Too big a subject, certainly, for one evening, but we’ll try to pick particularly interesting examples, such as E.M. Forster, Mark Twain, Gustave Flaubert and Tom Stoppard, that show either a sustained attempt at describing music in words, or music that notably reveals character, provides a turning point for plot, or casts an interesting light on social or musical history.  If you wish, come prepared to contribute YOUR favorite examples!

Live Music
Mike Myers Duo
Thursday, June 18, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ Thursday music series ~
Michael Meyers has been playing Jazz professionally for 52 years. Mike has performed from San Francisco to Cleveland Ohio and currently plays on a 115 year old Czech string bass. Caffeine, literature and music fuel each performance.

Larchmere

Larchmere Porchfest
Saturday, June 20, 2015, 1:00—8:00PM
~ annual event ~
30 bands, 30 porches! Join us for the annual Larchmere Porchfest, an event that celebrates our community in a fun-loving summer way, by bringing musicians of all styles to give us a sampling of their stuff on the various porches, driveways, balconies, and patios of those who live and work around Larchmere Boulevard. Music lasts all day, 1:00-10:00 pm, in and around Larchmere. Bring a bike, or lawn chairs, and get a taste! Loganberry Books will also host a band here in our driveway, time and band TBA. For the full shedule, see LarchmerePorchfest.org.

Classics Club
Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett: Good Omens
Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ fourth Wednesdays ~
According to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies, written in 1655, before she exploded), the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just before dinner. So the armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, frogs are falling, tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon—both of whom have lived amongst Earth's mortals since The Beginning and have grown rather fond of the lifestyle—are not actually looking forward to the coming Rapture. And someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist . . . Loganberry's own book discussion group, led by Susan Petrone.

Live Music
Charlie Mosbrook
Thursday, June 25, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ Thursday music series ~
Charlie Mosbrook is contemporary singer songwriter with strong traditional folk sensibilities utilizing guitar, mandolin, harmonica, fiddle, banjo and other acoustic instruments to accompany his rich distinctive baritone voice. With 25 years experience as a performer and composer, Charlie presents his music in a relaxed confident simplicity, drawing from a mix of sincerity, humor, and passion.

Open Mic
Folknet Acoustic Night
Thursday, July 2, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ first Thursdays ~
first Thursdays Mallory SanMarco of Folknet will be the emcee of this all-acoustic open mic. 15 minute slots are available for interested musicians, but you don't have to play to enjoy the tunes! Come hear what's going on in the neighborhood, and to relax a bit while sampling our homegrown talent. All are welcome.

Open Mic
Broadsides and Ephemera
Thursday, July 9, 2015, 7:00—8:30PM
~ second Thursdays ~

Broadsides & Ephemera is a spoken word showcase by and for local writers. A perfect environment for shaping, sharing, and improving your poetry, prose, song, playwriting and performance art. Come one, come all!

Looking Ahead
Larchmere Festival & Author Alley
Saturday, July 11, 2015
~ annual event ~
Every summer, we celebrate our old-time Main Street with a Festival to highlight our community and independent businesses. Please join us for fun and merriment, many vintage and artist vendors, and 50 local authors here at Loganberry’s driveway.  To find out more, visit Larchmere.com or our Author Alley webpage.

Thanks, and happy reading,

Harriett

Loganberry Books

13015 Larchmere Boulevard;  Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120;  216.795.9800

www.LoganberryBooks.com  w  books@loganberrybooks.com

Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image035.png@01CD6FD1.27CF2FB0 cid:image043.png@01CFC2DA.905E6C40 Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image036.png@01CD6FD1.27CF2FB0  @loganberrybooks

Hours
Mon. Tue. Fri. Sat.  10am-6pm  |  Wed. Thu. 10am-8:30pm  |  Sun. 12-4pm

Closed Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day

This is a monthly e-newsletter from Loganberry Books.  Archives and Press Releases:  http://mail.logan.com/lists/.

Image
image002.jpg
Image