From: Loganberry Books <elisabeth@logan.com>
Subject: One-of-a-kind collectible books for every budget
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 22:42:07 +0000
To: Harriett Logan <books@logan.com>
One-of-a-kind collectible books for every budget

Like   Tweet
IMG 2098

One-of-a-Kind Book Gifts

While we think any book can make the perfect present, there's no denying the something-special of a one-of-a-kind collectible book.

We have a range of collectible books to suit almost any budget and have assembled a very small selection here. If you have someone on your list whose interests aren't reflected here, let us know! Wendy (wendy@logan.com) would love to help you search for the perfect one-of-a-kind book, no matter your budget or interests.

Remember, these are one-of-a-kind books: If there's something you love, order now to avoid disappointment!

Collectible Books $35-$100

Obadiah cover

For the Comic Book Connoisseur

The earliest known comic book, The Adventures of Obadiah Oldbuck was originally published in several languages in Europe in 1837. The English-language version was published in New York on Sept. 14, 1842, making it the first comic book printed in America. This copy, circa 1891 based on original owner's marks, will send your favorite comic book connoisseur over the moon!

Amory cover

Christmas and Cats

This signed, first edition of The Cat Who Came for Christmas is the perfect stocking stuffer for the animal lover in your life!

Dragons cover

Here Be Dragons

Leonard Baskin, a Caldecott Honor-winning artist, presents twenty-two rich and inventive portraits of dragons, including Smaug from Tolkein's Hobbit, Eustace from the Narnia Chronicles, and an eight-tailed dragon from China, in this beautiful Book of Dragons for imaginative readers of all ages.

Collectible Books $100-$300

Walker poems slipcase-1

Beyond Purple

Limited to only 111 copies, this signed first edition collection of Alice Walker’s poetry comes in a slipcase and has never been opened. It makes a perfect gift for a fan of Walker’s novels who wants to branch out and experience her poetry.

Colavito sigs

For the Loyal Cleveland Baseball Fan

This biography of Rocky Colavito, the Cleveland baseball star of the 1960s, is signed by both Colavito and author Gordon Cobbledick. Pair it with a signed biography of a more recent Cleveland ball player, Omar Vizquel, and this gift will be a true home run!

Jams cover dj

For the Cook who Has Everything

This charming little book on jams was written by Hilda Leyel (1880-1957), an expert herbalist who founded the Society of Herbalists in England in 1927, as well as a chain of herbalist stores called the "Culpeper Shops." It’s not often you can find one of her cookbooks in an original dust jacket, which makes this treat a true chef’s delight.

Book of Christmas cover

A Christmas Classic

This beautiful pop-up book about Christmas, illustrated by Tasha Tudor, makes a stunning collectible gift for all ages. Add these incredible *Tasha Tudor advent calendars* to make your gift truly unforgettable.

Collectible Books $300-$500

Wuthering Hts frontispiece

For the Biggest Brontë Fanatic

This gorgeous, limited edition of Wuthering Heights is illustrated and signed by Clare Leighton. We also have a (more affordable) copy of the trade editionof this same title, as well as a spectacular six-volume set of novels from all three of the Bronte sisters.

Beds cover

For Marx Brothers Maniacs

This scarce first edition of Groucho Marx’s first book is as side-splittingly funny as the man himself. Pair it with Harpo’s autobiography, and you’ve got the perfect gift for true fans of comedy.

Egg Tree front with dj

For the Caldecott Collector

The Egg Tree by Katherine Milhous won the Caldecott Medal in 1951. This rare 1st edition in its original dust jacket would make a perfect gift for anyone starting a collection of award-winning picture books.

Collectible Books $500-$1000

Austen set

For the Austen Aficionado

This gorgeous 10-volume, leather-bound set will make Jane Austen fans swoon. The Steventon edition was published in 1898 and features the following novels: Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion.

Eliot Cats dj

For Fans of Cats (the Musical and/or the Pet!)

Give the gift of poetry that inspired a Broadway musical! These lovable cat poems were written by T. S. Eliot for his godchildren and continue to delight children and adults of all ages.

Amundsen title page

For the Ultimate Armchair Traveler

This rare first edition of Roald Amundsen’s First Crossing of the Polar Sea is signed by co-author Lincoln Ellsworth and would make the perfect gift for fans of exploration and adventure.

The Sky's the Limit! $1000+

Thaunus title page

For the Historian who Values Vellum

Jacques-Auguste de Thou (1553-1617), was one of the great statesmen and scholars of his time, and the Historiarum is his most important work. Give a true piece of history with this 1614 vellum-bound book.

Alice in Wonderland cover

Curiouser and Curiouser

Alice Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass as you’ve never seen them! The unique Riviere binding features Alice and the Dodo on the cover, and the book itself makes an unforgettable gift for the collector of Carroll.

Blueberries cover

A Cornerstone of American Children's Literature

A very rare first printing of Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey is a must-have for serious collectors.

***

Other Holiday Offerings

OIP

Give a year of audiobooks

This holiday season, we're offering audiobook gift memberships through Libro.fm.

You pick the membership (3, 6, or 12 months/credits), and your gift recipients get to choose their own audiobooks. Giving an audiobook membership is quick and easy, which means you can spend less time shopping and more time enjoying your favorite holiday activities!

Holiday-Open-House

Otis' Old Curiosity Shop

Thanksgiving Weekend 2021-January 15, 2022
~annual~
Otis' Old Curiosity Shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year! As ever, it's chock-full of stocking stuffers, local art, toys, games, and more, something for everyone on your list!

purple-present-box-isolated-27074455

Ways to shop and support Loganberry

▪ Our Online Store: In-store stock of new and collectible books for sale online expands every week! Since it's only a fraction of what we have in-store, if you don't see something, email or call and we'll happily check. We also have great Loganberry T-shirts, totes, mugs, and more!
▪ Bookshop.org: Buy books that we don't have in-store, have them shipped directly to you, and we'll get a portion of the sale!
▪ Book of the Month Club: Hand-selected books mailed to readers monthly for for 25 years! If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.
▪ Gift Certificates: online or over the phone at 216-795-9800.
▪ Digital Audiobooks from Loganberry via Libro.fm
▪ Ebooks from Loganberry.
▪ Follow us on Social Media: **Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.**
Our Online Store: In-store stock of new and collectible books for sale online expands every week! Since it's only a fraction of what we have in-store, if you don't see something, email or call and we'll happily check. We also have great Loganberry T-shirts, totes, mugs, and more!
Bookshop.org: Buy books that we don't have in-store, have them shipped directly to you, and we'll get a portion of the sale!
Book of the Month Club: Hand-selected books mailed to readers monthly for for 25 years! If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.
Gift Certificates: online or over the phone at 216-795-9800.
Digital Audiobooks from Loganberry via Libro.fm
Ebooks from Loganberry.
Follow us on Social Media: **Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.**

Thanks for reading,
Harriett & all the Loganberries