From: Loganberry Books <loganberrybooks@gmail.com>
Subject: Welcome to Loganberry Books' Broaden Your Bookshelf Bonanza
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 18:05:10 +0000
To: <otis@logan.com>
Welcome to Loganberry Books' Broaden Your Bookshelf Bonanza

Like   Tweet
Bookshelf

Broaden Your Bookshelf Bonanza 2022

Welcome to what is sure to be a very exciting year of reading!

Broaden Your Bookshelf Bonanza

bookshelf bonanza hootsuite
▪ 20 Prompts per quarter, you pick and choose which you want to do!
▪ Set your own reading goals!
▪ Quarterly prizes!
▪ Exciting social media challenges!
▪ End-of-Bonanza party for all participants (if we can gather safely)
20 Prompts per quarter, you pick and choose which you want to do!
Set your own reading goals!
Quarterly prizes!
Exciting social media challenges!
End-of-Bonanza party for all participants (if we can gather safely)

Let's Talk Goals

When you registered you set reading goals the Bonanza will certainly help you achieve them!

If you are still unsure what goals you want to set here are some ideas from our booksellers:

Bookseller Miranda
* Read 2 translated works
* Read nonfiction about new topics

Bookseller Toni
* Read at least 48 books
* Read at least 8 prompts from Broaden Your Bookshelf per quarter

Bookseller Rachel
* Read 2 books outside of comfort zone
* Read a book about inequity

Reading is Social

Have you ever been so excited about a book that you just had to tell someone about it? Well, this is the perfect opportunity! We- and your fellow readers- want to hear all about what you are reading!

Tag us @loganberrybooks on Instagram and Twitter AND use the hashtag #broadenyourbookshelf. Follow the hashtag to see what others are reading and enjoying!

Are you ready for your first set of Social Media Challenges?

Post:

▪ A Bookstack
▪ Your Reading Space
▪ Your Reading Buddy (furry or human)
A Bookstack
Your Reading Space
Your Reading Buddy (furry or human)

First Quarter Prompts

▪ Read a Retelling of a Classic Story, Fairy Tale, or Myth
▪ Read a Graphic Novel (Fiction or Nonfiction)
▪ Read a Romance Novel
▪ Read a Fantasy Novel
▪ Read a book featuring a Found Family (a family of choice or a family happened into)
▪ Read a book that passes the Bechdel Test
▪ Read a book with a Purple cover (Our store color!)
▪ Read a Biography or Memoir of someone different than you
▪ Read a book that is being adapted in 2022
▪ Read a book that features specialized knowledge in a field
▪ Read a book set in a place on your travel bucket list
▪ Read a book about joy and/or possibility
▪ Read Ishiguro with Toni (A class with Literary Cleveland!)
▪ Read a book by a Local Voices author or someone else from Northeast Ohio
▪ Read a book featuring an "Otis" or an "Alice." (Our store cats!)
▪ Read a 2021 Bestseller
▪ Read a book from a Loganberry Reading List
▪ Read a book by an author that has the same name as you
▪ Read a book set in Northeast Ohio
▪ Read a 2022 ALA YMA Winner (American Library Association Youth Media Award – winners announced 1/24)
[...]

Read as many as you want or are able! Set your own goals. Share your progress in your log forms and on social media.

Choose categories that will Broaden your Bookshelf, but also feel free to read from categories that are old favorites.

Some Recommendations

Read a Retelling of a Classic Story, Fairy Tale, or Myth

▪ Circe by Madeline Miller
▪ These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong
Circe by Madeline Miller
These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong

Read a book featuring a Found Family (a family of choice or a family happened into)

▪ The House in the Cerulean Seaby TJ Klune
▪ Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson
The House in the Cerulean Seaby TJ Klune
Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson

Read a book that is being adapted in 2022.

▪ Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
▪ Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie
Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

Read a book that features specialized knowledge in a field

▪ Of Dice and Men: The Story of Dungeons & Dragons and the People Who Play It by David M. Ewalt
▪ Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty by Patrick Radden Keefe
Of Dice and Men: The Story of Dungeons & Dragons and the People Who Play It by David M. Ewalt
Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty by Patrick Radden Keefe

Read a book by a Local Voices author or someone else from Northeast Ohio

▪ Galactic Hellcats by Marie Vibbert
▪ When You and I Collide by Kate Norris
Galactic Hellcats by Marie Vibbert
When You and I Collide by Kate Norris