From: Loganberry Books <loganberrybooks@gmail.com>
Subject: 10th Annual Independent Bookstore Day at Loganberry Books!
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 18:55:08 +0000
To: Harriett Logan <books@logan.com>
10th Annual Independent Bookstore Day at Loganberry Books!

Social Media IBD Facebook Cover-blue

The TENTH Annual Independent Bookstore Day: 10am-7pm, Saturday, April 29, 2023

Loganberry Books, 13015 Larchmere Blvd, Shaker Heights, OH

For the 10th year in a row, over 1,000 independent bookstores across the USA are throwing a big party on the last Saturday in April!

Independent Bookstore Day marks a whole decade of celebrating independent bookstores nationwide on Saturday, April 29th, with literary parties at bookstores around the country. Check out the interactive bookstore map here!

Here at Loganberry we'll be pulling out our popular Wheel of Fortune game (spin for discounts and prizes!) and Wordle, and will have raffles, prizes, and a Happy 10th Birthday Indie Bookstore Day cake! There will also be a range of exclusive Indie Bookstore merchandise, available only in Indie Bookstores: special editions, limited edition prints, Blackwing pencils, stickers, and more!

We'll also and have a lineup of local authors who will be here to greet you at the door and act as "Booksellers for a Day" with one of a kind book recommendations:

QuartezHarrisWeb

Quartez Harris

11:30am-1:30pm
Quartez Harris is the Ohio Poetry Association's 2021 Poet of the Year and the author of the poetry collections We Made It To School Alive, and Nothing, But Skin.

He is the first recipient of the Barbara Smith Writer-In-Resident at Twelve Literary Arts and a 2020 Baldwin House Fellow. His poetry and ideas have been featured in The Plain Dealer, Ideastream, and City Club of Cleveland. Once a second-grade teacher in Cleveland Public City Schools, Quartez is currently working on two picture books and a middle grade novel.​​

cc375a6c2e678fcc6ff799e6fa70d3d1 400x400

Cliff Anthony

1:30-3pm
A native of Kerala, Cliff Anthony made America home in 1986. He teaches journalism and freelances for area publications in Cleveland, Ohio.

His novel Tears in God's Own Country revolves around a 26-year-old chenda kettledrum player in 1960 Kerala, India who dreams of performing at Carnegie Hall.

Greg-Moore-Book

Greg Moore

3pm-4:30pm
Cleveland native and national voting rights activist Greg Moore will close out the day talking about his book Beyond the Voting Rights Act.. Moore is President and CEO of the Promise of Democracy Foundation and former Executive Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

The book is a moving account of over 30 years of contemporary voting rights battles in the United States. It tells a story of that struggle from the author’s perspective beginning as a young Black man from Cleveland in the 1980s, who reluctantly became involved within this movement as a student activist and inadvertently rose to become an integral part of the ultimate legislative victory.

1599076189156

Welcome to the neighborhood, Lit Cleveland!

We're thrilled to welcome Cleveland's own literary nonprofit, Lit Cleveland, to the Larchmere neighborhood--just across the street from Loganberry! In celebration, a discount toward Lit Cleveland memberships will be one of the prizes on our Wheel of Fortune, and Lit Cleveland will be holding an open house from 12-3pm on IBD, so you can swing by and say hi before or after you come to Loganberry.

***

Can’t make it to the store on Saturday? You can still support your Indie online via Bookshop.org or Libro.fm!

Libro.fm is offering a special for IBD where you can refer a new member and get a free audiobook! Not only will your friend get a bonus audiobook, but as a thanks, you will too once they start their membership. Grab your referral code here.

Like