From: Harriett Logan <Harriett@Logan.com>
Subject: December at Loganberry Books
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 17:51:33 -0500
To: <LoganberryNews@logan.com>
Salutations!

entranceThe Larchmere Holiday Stroll was a blast!  Thanks to everyone who came out for the festivities and fanfare.  We've got some books left, though, and some creative gift baskets you can still claim.  :-)

Hark!  We have special deals for special requests:  for new books ordered through us, we'll take 5% off your $50 purchase, 10% off $100 purchase, 15% off $150, and 20% off $200 (max).  We can get just about anything in print in 3 days' time, or out-of-print within a week.  So regardless of where you learn of the book, you can ask us to get it for you and save!

Also -- freebie wrapped books for any purchase over $20, and free LMA Chico bags (they stuff into a little sack for easy transport when not in use; great stocking stuffers) for any purchase over $100.  Christmas cards are still on sale:  4th box is 50% off, and 13th singleton card is free.  And, in case all that wasn't enough, any gift certificate purchase entitles to you to any calendar purchase at a whopping 50% off!  Whew.  Ok, now to the books and events.

Signed First Editions
Here are some highlights of signed, first edition books in beautiful collectible condition recently acquired (wow).
Otis

  • Charlie Wilson's War by Geoge Crile
  • Men from Earth by astronaunt Buzz Aldrin
  • By Myself  by Lauren Bacall
  • Schindler's List  by Thomas Keneally
  • Moving Beyond Words by Gloria Steinem
  • Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
  • People Who Led to My Plays by Adrienne Kennedy
  • In the Beginning by Chaim Potok
  • Growing Up by Russell Baker
  • Roots by Alex Haley
Loganberry Gift Baskets
gift basketWe created some very purple gift baskets here, catered to please everyone on your list.  Books are featured, of course, but what sets these baskets apart are pleasing little tchotchkes, ephemera and gifties to coordinate with the books.  Here are some examples:
  • Reader's Gift Set:  Quotable Book Lover, Nancy Pearl's More Book Lust, a book light, fREADom t-shirt and pin, and Divine chocolate bar
  • Cat Lover's Gift Basket:  a copy of the bestselling Dewey, plus Fancy Feast, cat sponge, toys and other cat treats
  • Be Green:  the environmental guide Be Green, with a Chelsea Green Energy Guide, and Earth-Friendly House Knowledge Cards.
  • Bibliophile Basket:  Cleveland's own Robert Jackson's collection of Book Talks, plus an old Biblio magazine and a bottle of leather dressing for your old books
  • Bear Book Bundle:  a Ty bear sitting on a metal chair with a mosaic seat, reading a miniature bear journal
  • Women's Collection:  classic works by women poets, feminist fairy tales, a 2009 We'Moon calendar, Goddess knowledge cards
  • Fairies Collection:  classic fairy works by Mary Cicely Barker and Brian Froud, plus a little fairy tea towel and magic wand.
  • Cleveland Bargain Bag:  5 books by and about Cleveland, including Les Roberts, Michael Heaton, walking guides, Cleveland Couples, and CMA postcard book.
Annex Gallery
Perelman-HallDavid Perelman-Hall -- Exceptional Light
Annex Gallery Opening Reception
Thursday, December 4, 6-8pm
~ first Thursdays ~
David Perelman-Hall is a photographer residing in Cleveland Heights whose work includes portrait, landscape, nature, close-up, and digitally-altered fine art photography. He blends powerful use of lighting with natural and man-made scenes to produce images that are simultaneously accessible and abstract.  Photographs include scenes from the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes and artfully manipulated flowers and trees.  Very colorful!  Show continues through January 5, 2009.

Gene's Jazz Hot
Gene's Jazz HotGene's Jazz Hot:  In Concert
Thursday, December 11, 7pm-9pm
~ second Thursdays ~
Gene's Jazz Hot is Gene Epstein on bass, Seth Rosen on guitar and mandolin, Bill Kenney on clarinet, and the swooning vocals of Peggi Cella.  They've developed quite a local following in one of the best acoustic venues in town.  Join them for some holiday cheer.  Donations for the band gladly accepted.

Stump the Bookseller  Selection of the month
Stump the BooksellerIt's Stumper Magician Appreciation time!  Check it out.
P423: Peanuts
I am hoping you can help me.  My 27 year old daughter mentioned an old book she remembered from her childhood, at least 20 years ago.   All she could remember was that peanuts had something to do with the characters.  Peanuts on all of the pages.  She thought it could have been a party situation or something to do with animals.  One would think that her mother could remember a story like this, but alas, I can't.

Thursday Book Clubs
JoyceN.O.B.S. Forums
Bloomsday & Austeniana Clubs
~ third and fourth Thursdays ~
N.O.B.S. Forums usually meets on the third Thursday, and our two ongoing book clubs usually meet on the fourth Thursday of the month.  With Thanksgiving and Christmas both squarely falling on fourth Thursdays, the readers and collectors will take a short hiatus.  We'll reconvene after the holidays, with N.O.B.S. Forums meeting on January 15 with a Show and Tell.  The book clubs will meet on the fourth Thursday, January 22, when we'll see where the Joyce readers are with Ulysses (somewhere near Chapter 12), and the Austen group will discuss the entire Fitzwilliam Darcy trilogy by Pamela Aidan.

peace,
Harriett

Loganberry Books
13015 Larchmere Boulevard;  Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120;  216.795.9800
Holiday Hours:  Monday-Wednesday 10am-6pm; Thursday & Friday 10am-8pm; Sunday 1-5pm

This is a monthly e-newsletter from Loganberry Books.  Archives and Press Releases:  http://mail.logan.com/lists/

Image
Image
Image