From: Bilgere, George <gbilgere@jcu.edu>
Subject: Re: You're invited to Author Alley!
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 20:48:22 -0400
To: carmen@logan.com <carmen@logan.com>
Hi Carmen,

I think your Author Alley event is totally great, and I'd certainly be there--but I'm attending the International Poetry Festival in Germany during the first weeks of July, so sadly must say no. Please keep me in mind for next year!

Many thanks,

George Bilgere

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 8:09 PM, carmen@logan.com <carmen@logan.com> wrote:

Dear George,

I’m pleased to invite you to participate in the 2017 Author Alley at Loganberry Books, a free event on Saturday, July 1, from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. as part of the annual Larchmere Festival. Every year the Larchmere Festival brings 5,000 people to our neighborhood, and Author Alley provides an opportunity for readers to meet and chat with their favorite local authors, and for local authors to sell their books.

We realize the event might seem humble to authors who could fill an auditorium, but this is a wonderful opportunity to concentrate on community.  It is more important than ever to invest in Cleveland’s local literary culture and an event such as this allows diverse local talent to benefit from one another’s support. Not to mention, recognition and revenue generated from Author Alley can mean a lot to a neighborhood independent bookstore.

If you can’t make it to Author Alley, we’d still love to have you in for a book signing. Just drop us a line and we’ll set something up. Or if you’d just like to stop by, say hello, and sign copies of your books for our inventory, we’d be happy to accommodate you – just let us know in advance so that we can make sure to have enough in stock!

You can find the instructions and application form attached. If you’d like more information about the Larchmere Festival, please visit: www.larchmere.com. For more information about Author Alley, and to download the registration form, please visit:  www.loganberrybooks.com/events/author-alley.htm.  If you have any further questions, please email carmen@logan.com or call 216-795-9800.

Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Carmen Tracey

Local Author Liaison

Loganberry Books