From: Loganberry Books <loganberrybooks@gmail.com>
Subject: One-of-a-kind collectible books for every gifting budget
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 15:48:25 +0000
To: Harriett Logan <books@logan.com>
One-of-a-kind collectible books for every gifting budget

Like   Tweet
IMG 2098

One-of-a-Kind Book Gifts

Any book can make the perfect present, but there's no denying the something-special of a one-of-a-kind collectible book.

We have a range of collectible books to suit almost any budget and have assembled a very small selection here. If you have someone on your list whose interests aren't reflected here, let us know! Wendy (wendy@logan.com) would love to help you search for the perfect one-of-a-kind book, no matter your budget or interests.

Remember, these are one-of-a-kind books: If there's something you love, order now to avoid disappointment!

Collectible Books $20-$100

Watkins photo

For the photography buff

Carleton Watkins (1829–1916), a great American photographer of the nineteenth century and one of the most influential artists of his era, is best known for his pictures of Yosemite Valley and the nearby Mariposa Grove of giant sequoias. This first edition of his photographs would be a perfect gift for lovers of photography, the American West, and the conservation of wild spaces.

Angelou poems cover

For the poetry lover

Any poetry lover's bookshelf will be more complete with the addition of The Complete Collected Poems of Maya Angelou. This first edition is in very good condition and will be a treasure for any poetry lover.

Dolci cover

For the panettone aficionado

Bakers will delight in this first edition of The Classic Dolci of the Italian Jews, written by Holocaust survivor Edda Servi Machlin, who championed Italian Jewish cuisine.

Lilo cover front

For the animated movie lover

Lovers of Disney movies will delight in this beautifully illustrated collection of Lilo & Stitch stories from the 2002 film’s creators.

9780300113037

For the lexophile

A gorgeous volume of great essays from that preeminent English-language lexicographer and thinker, Dr. Samuel Johnson himself.

Collectible Books $100-$500

Prince Valiant volumes

For the vintage comics fan

Hal Foster’s Prince Valiant started in 1937 and provided countless hours of entertainment during its run, which continues today by a different team of artists. This five-volume set collects Foster’s art, supplemented by additional text. The intricately illustrated endpapers are worth the price alone!

Steinem cover with dj

For the sun-worshiper

Do the winter holidays have you dreaming of sun, sand, and surf? If so, then add Gloria Steinem’s Beach Book to your reading list. It even comes with a dust jacket that can be unfolded and used as a sun reflector for tanning!

Selznick title page with sig

For the young-at-heart mad inventor

This signed first edition (pre-Caldecott seal!) of The Invention of Hugo Cabretby Brian Selznick, makes a beautiful gift for readers of all ages who appreciate visual storytelling.

Mallarme Poems

For the Blooms-berry

A treasure of literary and visual art, this first edition of Roger Fry's translation of Mallarme's poetry comes with the very scarce and very stunning dustjacket designed by Vanessa Bell, showcasing the work of two Bloomsbury greats in one beautiful package.

Tenzing cover

For the mountaineer

Tenzing Norgay (1914-1986) was the Tibetan mountaineer who led Sir Edmund Hilary's expedition to the top of Mount Everest in 1953. The two men became the first people to set foot on the summit of the world's highest peak. After Everest is Norgay’s autobiography, and this copy includes a signed letter!

Collectible Books $500-$1000+

Burke title page

For the dreamer

Two hundred copies of this privately published collection of romantic verse by Ralph Pulitzer (1879-1939), writing under the pseudonym John Burke, were printed and bound by Pynson Printers in 1927. This gorgeous volume is no. 164/200 and is signed by Rockwell Kent.

LewisClark set

For the ultimate historian

These 13 volumes contain all you ever wanted to know about the Lewis & Clark Expedition. The first volume of the Journals is a folio-sized atlas, and one of the volumes contains a complete herbarium of all the plants found on the duo’s trek to the Pacific Ocean. This set is a stunning addition to the ultimate armchair traveler’s library.

***

Other Holiday Offerings

OIP

Give a year of audiobooks

This holiday season, we're offering audiobook gift memberships through Libro.fm.

You pick the membership (3, 6, or 12 months/credits), and your gift recipients get to choose their own audiobooks. Giving an audiobook membership is quick and easy, which means you can spend less time shopping and more time enjoying your favorite holiday activities!

Holiday-Open-House

Otis' Old Curiosity Shop

Thanksgiving Weekend 2022-January 15, 2023
~annual~
Otis' Old Curiosity Shop, as ever, is chock-full of stocking stuffers, local art, toys, games, and more, something for everyone on your list!

purple-present-box-isolated-27074455

Ways to shop and support Loganberry

▪ Our Online Store: In-store stock of new and collectible books for sale online expands every week! Since it's only a fraction of what we have in-store, if you don't see something, email or call and we'll happily check. We also have great Loganberry T-shirts, totes, and more!
▪ Bookshop.org: Buy books that we don't have in-store, have them shipped directly to you, and we'll get a portion of the sale!
▪ Book of the Month Club: Hand-selected books mailed to readers monthly for for 25 years! If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.
▪ Gift Certificates: online or over the phone at 216-795-9800.
▪ Digital Audiobooks from Loganberry via Libro.fm
▪ Follow us on Social Media: **Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.**
Our Online Store: In-store stock of new and collectible books for sale online expands every week! Since it's only a fraction of what we have in-store, if you don't see something, email or call and we'll happily check. We also have great Loganberry T-shirts, totes, and more!
Bookshop.org: Buy books that we don't have in-store, have them shipped directly to you, and we'll get a portion of the sale!
Book of the Month Club: Hand-selected books mailed to readers monthly for for 25 years! If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.
Gift Certificates: online or over the phone at 216-795-9800.
Digital Audiobooks from Loganberry via Libro.fm
Follow us on Social Media: **Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.**

Thanks for reading,
Harriett & all the Loganberries