From: Harriett R. Logan <harriett@logan.com>
Subject: Loganberry & Larchmere Holiday Stroll
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:40:11 -0500
To: <LoganberryNews@logan.com>
Salutations!

It's time for the Holiday Stroll again, and we're decked out and stocked up with some great stuff for the holidays!  Have a great Thanksgiving, and then come browse the boulevard.  Read on...

34th Annual Larchmere Holiday Stroll
Friday, November 23, 11am-8pm  horse & buggy 12-4pm
Saturday, November 24, 11am-5pm  Mr. Jingeling book signing 1-3pm
Sunday, November 25, 1-5pm
  *  yes, you read that right:  Sundays, now 'til Christmas

Three dozen locally-owned businesses on Larchmere Boulevard welcome the holiday season with good cheer and nostalgic fanfare.  Come browse the boulevard and discover old-world shopping in your hometown neighborhood.

Like old-time winter festivals around the world, a traditional horse and carriage will give free rides up and down the boulevard on Friday 12-4pm. Best Horse Drawn Carriage Service from Farmdale Ohio will provide the horse and buggy.

On Saturday 1-3pm, Mr. Jingeling kicks off a new chapter with a book signing of a new book by Teri Arthur and Rob Sirn.  Mister Jingeling Keeper of the Keys continues the tradition of the well-loved Cleveland character.  Books both new and old entice the shopper into new discoveries at Loganberry, with one of the best bibliophilic collections in town.

Elsewhere on Larchmere, music, food, and great deals abound, from the crafts at Dancing Sheep to the Asian antiquities at John Young's.   Enjoy classic good food at Larchmere Tavern or the brand-new Flying Cranes Cafe.  The exquisitely wrapped packages at Elegant Extras are always a treat in and of themselves, and fine yarns at Fine Points are a craft lover's dream.  Come discover these wonderful stores, and more, during the Larchmere Holiday Stroll.

No need to box yourself in huge stores this Thanksgiving weekend; instead get a breath of fresh air and come browse the boulevard.  Treasures await you.

Remainder Highlights
remainder tableRemainders are publisher overstocks and discontinued titles sold very cheaply.  Some are academic titles, esoteric literature, gorgeous coffee table books, art, architecture, photography, and children's books.  The ones we selected are not puff pieces, but interesting, informative, and some are gorgeous pieces of publishing.  We have something for everyone on your shopping list, all well below original publishing price.  We also have great used books and collectible vintage books, too, of course, but here is a sampling from our latest, and most exciting, haul of remainder books.

  • Charles Burchfield's Seasons
  • Vernon Grant's Santa Claus
  • Vietamese Ceramics
  • Viginia Lee Burton:  A Life in Art
  • American Country Churches
  • The Playmakers: Amazing Origins of Timeless Toys
  • The Bob Dylan Scrapbook
  • Historic Stock Certificates
  • Women & Art: Contested Territory
  • Tiffany: The Garden Museum Collection
  • Imperial Silks
Annex Gallery
Nature Center at Shaker Lakes Photography Club
Thursday, December 6, 6-8pm
The Photography Club of the Nature Center at Shaker Lakes is an active group of local photographers, some amateur, some professional.  Several members have had solo shows here at the Annex Gallery, but in December the whole club will have a chance to show their work, and to highlight the natural wonders of the Nature Center we all love.  They also have created a 2008 fund-raising calendar, and the original photos will be on display, along with the calendar for sale.  Show runs December 6 thru 31.

In Concert
Gene's Jazz HotGene's Jazz Hot
Thursday, December 13, 6:30pm-9:00pm

~ second Thursdays ~
The band has called our LitArts room a warm and acoustically great performance space, and they are excited to be able to play fully acoustic, and the sound is great!  So come on by, bring a bottle of wine perhaps and enjoy some munchies as you tap your feet and take a load off.  Happy swing music does wonders for the psyche...   Their second Thursday performance here has been extended through February at least, so you can mark your calendar ahead.
Donations for the band gladly accepted.

Stump the Bookseller  Selection of the month
Stump the BooksellerF291: funny bunnies
I used to read this story to my prescool class back in 1989. It was a donated book from a little girl whose family really liked it. They had a hard time finding a copy of it and when they did they donated it to us.  So by that I'm assuming that the book was probably written back in the late 70's, from what I can remember of the pictures.  The plot of the book is about a little bunny who lives in a small apt. with his parents. Each time there is a knock at the door more bunnies come into the apt. and by the end of the book the room is filled with "just a bunch of funny bunnies!"  I have read this book so many times for the few years I taught at the school, but all I can remember is the last line of the book about, "just a bunch of funny bunnies!".  I'm hoping you can help me locate a copy so I can get it for my grandchildren.  Thank-you so much for all your help.

Oh, and I got profiled in CoolCleveland.com this week.  Thanks to Kelly Ferjutz for making this biz sound so interesting!

PDF files or websites with more information are available by clicking on each image.
And check out the blog sometime...

peace,
Harriett

Loganberry Books
13015 Larchmere Boulevard;  Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120;  216.795.9800
Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm; most Thursdays 'til 8pm
* Extended Holiday Hours include Fridays 'til 8pm, and Sundays 1-5pm *

This is a monthly e-newsletter from Loganberry Books.  Archives and Press Releases:  http://mail.logan.com/lists/

Image
Image
Image