From: Loganberry Books books@logan.com <LoganberryNews@logan.com>
Subject: Happy 2018 from Loganberry Books!
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:23:58 -0500
To: LoganberryNews@logan.com <LoganberryNews@logan.com>

Happy New Year!

Thank you all for a busy and wonderful holiday season here at Loganberry! We’re looking forward to an exciting year ahead and hope you’ll brave the winter weather to check out some of our great new books and events. The best is yet to come!

Antiquarian Acquisitions

3 Leatherbound Volumes of The Universal Magazine of Knowledge & Pleasure, containing issues from 1774 and 1776, published by John Hinton, London. Dis-bound. $75.00 per volume.

Hot off the Press

Call us to put your copy on hold!

January 16

It Occurs to Me That I Am America: An anthology of new short stories on the theme of difference and diversity in American life one year after Trump’s Inauguration. Contributors include: Alice Walker, Richard Russo, Walter Mosley, Joyce Carol Oates, Alice Hoffman, Neil Gaiman, Michael Cunningham, Mary Higgins Clark, and an introduction Viet Thanh Nguyen.

When They Call You a Terrorist by Patrisse Kahn-Cullors and asha bandele: A memoir by two women involved in the founding of the Black Lives Matter movement

The Largesse of the Sea Maiden by Denis Johnson: Finished shortly before Johnson’s death last year, a posthumously published collection of short stories.

January 30

The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert: A highly anticipated YA debut following a girl trapped between our own world and another.

Open Mic

Broadsides & Ephemera: Featured Poet Keitha Bennett Cole

Thursday, January 11, 2018, 7:00pm

~ second Thursdays ~

A spoken word showcase by and for local writers. A perfect environment for shaping, sharing, and improving your poetry, prose, song, playwriting and performance art. Come one, come all!

Book Signing

Charity Tilleman-Dick: The Encore

Monday, January 15, 2018, 6:30pm

Join Charity Tilleman-Dick, acclaimed soprano and organ transplant advocate, for a discussion and signing of her new memoir. The Encore is the true story of opera singer Charity Tillemann-Dick, who received not one but two lung transplants at the Cleveland Clinic and went from struggling to draw a single breath to singing at the most prestigious venues in the world.

NOBS Forums

NOBS Annual Show & Tell

Wednesday, January 17, 2018, 7:00pm

~third Wednesdays~

We all have our favorite books:  a cherished childhood favorite, a book left to us by a wonderful friend, or a treasured copy of an old classic.  Anything goes at this annual show-and-tell, and there’s always something to learn and some great books to discuss with fellow bibliophiles.

Bucket List Book Club

Karen Russell: Swamplandia!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 7:00pm

~ fourth Wednesdays ~

Thirteen-year-old Ava Bigtree has lived her entire life at Swamplandia!, her family’s island home and gator-wrestling theme park in the Florida Everglades. But when illness fells Ava’s mother, the park’s indomitable headliner, the family is plunged into chaos; her father withdraws, her sister falls in love with a spooky character known as the Dredgeman, and her brilliant big brother, Kiwi, defects to a rival park called The World of Darkness. As Ava sets out on a mission through the magical swamps to save them all, we are drawn into a lush debut that takes us to the shimmering edge of reality.

Literary Cleveland

Dana Norris: Writing Out Loud

Thursdays, January 25, February 1, 8, 15

This class will show you how to create, edit, and perform your own stories. We’ll show you how to turn off your inner critic and turn up your creative juices. Each student will move a personal story from the draft stage to a performance-ready piece of electrifying theater. In class we’ll create stories, discuss the fundamentals of live storytelling, and provide feedback on each others’ work. Outside of class you’ll be encouraged to attend storytelling shows and discover techniques you can use to enhance your own writing and performances. The class will conclude with a public show (date TBD) where students will join the storytelling community in full.

Dana Norris is the founder of Story Club, a nonfiction storytelling show held in Cleveland, Chicago, Boston, Minneapolis, and Belgrade. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Story Club Magazine and currently writes for Role/Reboot and Cleveland Scene.

Classic Movies

Buster Keaton: Sherlock Jr. (1924)

Thursday, January 25, 2018, 7:00pm

~fourth Thursdays~

A kindly movie projectionist (Buster Keaton) longs to be a detective. When his fiancée (Kathryn McGuire) is robbed by a local thief (Ward Crane), the poor projectionist is framed for the crime. Using his amateur detective skills, the projectionist follows the thief to the train station -- only to find himself locked in a train car. Disheartened, he returns to his movie theater, where he falls asleep and dreams that he is the great Sherlock Holmes. Join us for this early classic. Screenings are free and great for the whole family!

Thanks for reading, and with happy New Year wishes from all of us at Loganberry,

Harriett

Loganberry Books

13015 Larchmere Boulevard | Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120 | 216.795.9800  | books@logan.com

cid:image024.jpg@01D34E80.70EAC1D0cid:image025.jpg@01D34E80.70EAC1D0 cid:image002.jpg@01D28C2B.A4759F60   cid:image004.png@01D28C2B.A4759F60

@loganberrybooks

Mon. Tue. Fri. Sat.  10am-6pm  |  Wed. Thu. 10am-8:30pm  |  Sun. 12-4pm

This is a monthly e-newsletter from Loganberry Books.  Archives and Press Releases:  http://mail.logan.com/lists/.

Image
image001.jpg
Image