From: Loganberry Books <freddy@logan.com>
Subject: Loganberry Books in the Time of COVID
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 17:19:12 -0700
To: <otis@logan.com>
Loganberry Books in the Time of COVID

Like   Tweet
shopping-at-local-independent-bookstores-is-a-gift-to-community-822c44f312159284

We're Still Selling Books!

Many of us find ourselves at home during this pandemic, with more free time than we are accustomed to. May we recommend a book? A puzzle? A creative contest with food or words?

We remain grateful for those working the front lines of the health crisis, and we’d like to encourage others to stay home to slow the spread of disease. While our shop remains closed, we are shipping books, making recommendations, and adjudicating contests. More reason to keep a respectful retreat! Thank you for your support, and to folks like Dave Eggers for a sense of purpose and optimism. We’re all in this together.

While Ohio's Shelter-in-Place order means Loganberry can no longer offer curbside pickup up or same-day delivery, we're still fulfilling mail orders!

▪ You can still shop our online inventory here, and...**
▪ We're pleased to announce that you can use our Bookshop.org shop to have our supplier ship directly to you!
You can still shop our online inventory here, and...**
We're pleased to announce that you can use our Bookshop.org shop to have our supplier ship directly to you!

For both webstores, if you don't see what you're looking for please let us know! You can email elisabeth@logan.com or call the store at 216-795-9800 Monday-Friday 11am-4pm (or leave a voicemail) and we will set up the link for you to purchase. By asking us to set up the link for you means Loganberry will still receive proceeds of your purchase.

Shopping local from Loganberry and other local businesses will insure that we can re-open our doors in healthier times ahead.

 57

Virtual Edible Books Festival

Saturday, April 4, 2020, 1pm
~online~
Even though this year's in-store Edible Books Festival had to be canceled, we still want to see what book-inspired edibles you're cooking up at home! We'll miss the customary taste-testing, but look forward to staying virtually connected to our great community of book-lovers! All the details on how to participate in this year's Virtual Edible Books Festival are located here. Please contact Rachel@logan.com with any questions.

Invite friends and family to join you virtually from their own kitchens anywhere in the world! Loganberry will donate $1 per entry to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank.

12PurpleUnicorn 79209.1505232326.1280.1280

Loganberry Writing Contest

My Favorite Imaginary Creature
Accepting Entries March 30-April 30, 2020
Bored with the stay-at-home humdrum? Why not use extra free time to write a short story (up to three pages) or poem for the chance to win a $40 gift certificate for Loganberry Books and publication on Loganberry's blog and social media?

The topic is "My Favorite Imaginary Creature" and there will be prizes for three age groups: children (up to age 13), teens (up to age 19), and adults. The contest will be judged by Loganberry Booksellers, and we're charging a $5 fee per entry to help support Loganberry during our COVID19 closure. For full entry information click here, and to sign up please contact julie@logan.com.

mail-truck-icon-digital-purple-mail-truck-icon-digital-purple-any-design-isolated-white-vector-illustration-154346327

Book of the Month Club

Did you know that we hand-select and mail books directly to your door even when there's not a pandemic on? Our Book of the Month Club has been running for over 20 years. With social distancing sadly keeping us out of physical bookstores, this might be the perfect time to hire your own personal book shopper. We've got multiple budget levels and options which you can read about here. If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.

52439827. SX318 SY475

Virtual Launch of The Heebie-Jeebie Girl by Susan Petrone

Thursday, April 23, 2020, 7pm on Social Media
While we're sad that the physical book release (and launch party) of local author (and former Loganberry bookseller!) Susan Petrone's new novel The Heebie-Jeebie Girl has been postponed til June 9, you can still preorder it here, and tune into Susan's social media on April 23 at 7pm for a virtual video launch, and to hear Susan talk more about this wonderful book set in 1970s Youngstown. And stay posted on details of the main launch party at Loganberry later this summer!

ESC001

Armchair Escape Bundles

Feeling stir-crazy yet? Since books are such a great way to get away from it all, we're putting together Escape To collections with everything you need to mentally travel somewhere other than your home. We've even got an Escape to Cleveland package! We'll be putting together many more in the coming days, so keep checking our Escape To page on the webstore. Or if you have a specific escape location in mind, let us know and we'll put together a custom "travel package."

safe image

Gift Certificates

Don't have a particular book in mind, but want to help insure the beautiful Loganberry browsing experience is available to you and world once the pandemic passes? You can order a gift certificate for yourself or a loved one online or over the phone. Plus, to thank you for your support, gift certificates over $50 will earn a 10% bonus! For example, spend $50 for a $55 certificate, $100 for a $110 certificate, etc.

icon-audiobook

Digital Audiobooks

We've been offering digital audiobooks through our Libro.fm store for a few months, but for a limited time, if you sign up for a Libro.fm subscription using the promo code ShopBookstoresNow, Loganberry will receive 100% of the purchase price!

0

Our Social Media

Hopefully, you're already following us on *Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.* Our latest can't-miss attraction on Facebook is Otis' Peacetime Stories, where you can join Otis for a peaceful virtual storytime, no matter your age or the time of day. Loganberry booksellers continue posting fun recommendations of new items available to order, what they're reading during the pandemic, and contributions from local authors and artists. We'll also pass on information on how you can help members of our community most endangered by this crisis.

Read along with our booksellers

(purchase any book by clicking on its title!)

9780375701368 l

Elisabeth is reading: Virginia Woolf by Hermione Lee: "I'm relishing getting completely lost in Lee's revelatory exploration of the the dazzling workings of Woolf's mind and heart."

9780062909077

*Harriett is reading Separation Anxiety by Laura Zigman*: "This madcap comedy of comfort dogs and people-puppets is also a heartfelt story of grief and alienation, with some hysterical social satire and a happy ending to boot."

dd3e4ec7768c515c3769e32f1e3929f858c92eef

*Freddy is reading The Yellow House by Sarah Broom*: "Sarah Broom's fascinating family, their relationship to New Orleans and the Yellow House itself, tell so much about the myths of the New Orleans, its racial divides, as well as another side of Katrina."

5iSZDwAAQBAJ

Lorraine is reading Djinn Patrol on the Purple Line by Deepa Anappara: "I’m completely engrossed by this novel about 3 kids living in a basti (slum) in India who are compelled to investigate the disappearance of a classmate."

Passing by Nella Larsen - 9781632062024

Margy is reading: Passing by Nella Larsen: "In preparation for the forthcoming movie, I'm reading Passing and I'm in love with this book!"

s-l1600

Miesha is reading My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell: "This reimagining of Nabokov’s Lolita in a 21st century setting is told from the perspective of the girl and explores how society views a girl who willingly engages in sex with an adult, defends the relationship, and refuses to see herself as a victim of grooming and rape. It's creepy, disconcerting, and readable."

51v 6nlgUZL

*Rachel is reading The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal*: "This book is basically Women Being Awesome, plus outer space--what's not to love? It reads like the fictional memoir of one woman's chafing from and picking loose the seams of the gender norms of her time. "

9781250229533

*Sarah is reading The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah*:
"In the wilds of Alaska in 1974, young protagonist Leni is realizing that family can be more dangerous than the cold and the dark of an Alaska winter...So, yes, another cold, arctic book for me to read from the comfort of my couch."

91uCpyWaTOL

*Wendy is reading The Lightest Object in the Universe by Kimi Eisele*: "It's actually a really hopeful dystopian novel--if there is such a thing?"