From: Loganberry Books <elisabeth@logan.com>
Subject: Loganberry Holiday Happenings 2021
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 16:49:33 +0000
To: Harriett Logan <books@logan.com>
Loganberry Holiday Happenings 2021

Like   Tweet
shopping-at-local-independent-bookstores-is-a-gift-to-community-822c44f312159284

Happy Holidays 2021

Sunshine and snow go so well together, don’t you think? So do cozy mysteries and coffee mugs, revisionist history and emergency tool kits, gardening guides and butterfly nets, Cleveland photography and handmade ceramics. You’ll probably want a Jellycat bunny or broccoli to go with that (some things you have to see for yourself).

We’re all about the holidays now. Come let us gift wrap that for you.

Extended Holiday Hours

The daylight is getting shorter, but our open hours are extending! Through December, we'll be open Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm, Friday 10am-8:30pm, Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm!

shopping-cart-purple-hi

Loganberry Holiday Personal Shopping

Feeling overwhelmed by your shopping list? Feeling overwhelmed with tales of supply chain woes on the daily news? Our booksellers are here to advise! If you send us the age and enthusiasm of your recipients and what your budget is, we'll pull a personalized list of recommendations together for you--we'll even ship them anywhere in the country! Email elisabeth@logan.com to get started!

9780525562627

Berry Good Book Club

Margaret Atwood: The Testaments
This month's bookseller host: Toni
Wednesday, December 1, 2021, 7:30pm
~1st Wednesdays: online, via Zoom~
This month's bookseller host: Toni
You already love our booksellers' recommendations: what could be better than a chance to come back after you've read what they recommend to talk about it? That's the idea behind our newest monthly book club, Berry Good Books. Every month, a different Loganberry Bookseller will recommend a favorite book and lead a discussion with community members.

When the van door slammed on Offred's future at the end of THE HANDMAID'S TALE, readers had no way of telling what lay ahead for her--freedom, prison or death. With THE TESTAMENTS, the wait is over.

Margaret Atwood's sequel picks up the story more than fifteen years after Offred stepped into the unknown, with the explosive testaments of three female narrators from Gilead.

Register here to join this free discussion and click here to purchase a copy of the book.

IMG 5317

Holiday Open House

Wednesday, December 8, 2020, 10am-8pm
~annual~
Loganberry Books Holiday Open House is a cherished annual tradition that celebrates the sense of community only an indie bookstore can offer.

As always, for our Open House, Loganberry Perks Members will get 10% off everything (non-cumulative)! We'll have raffles, free tote bags and book giveaways with purchase, and Perks members may bring in one old book for free appraisal!

Otis’ Old Curiosity Shop is fully stocked with art, gifts, and games for your perusal.

We'll be open late to host guitar virtuoso Brian Henke for live music from 7-8pm and four local authors who will meet and greet readers and inscribe their books as one of a kind gifts:

4:30pm:
Raechel Anne Jolie, Rust Belt Femme
Laura Maylene Walter, Body of Stars

6pm:
Meredith Pangrace, Rust Belt Vegan
Laura DeMarco, Lost Cleveland

Come and celebrate the season with us!

PBC-Roach

Peculiar Book Club

Thursday, December 9, 2021, 7pm
Mary Roach: Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law
~2nd Thursdays + 4th Thursdays, via Zoom~
Finally, a book club for the Peculiars! Join host and local author of Mr Humble and Dr. Butcher, Dr. Brandy Schillace for book club dates with your favorite authors of strange history, medical marvels, and weird science.You'll get to meet the author and participate in the discussion–so come with questions!

For this edition of the Peculiar Book Club, best-selling author Mary Roach will enlighten readers on the curious intersection of human-wildlife conflict, a topic she explores in-depth in her new book, Fuzz. More information can be found on the Peculiar Book Club website. Register for the event here, and get a signed copy of the book from Loganberry's online store or call us at (216) 795-9800

broadsides-s

Broadsides & Ephemera

Community Open Mic featuring: Andrea Doe
Thursday, December 9, 2021, 7:30pm
~2nd Thursdays, online via Zoom~
Zoom ID: 851 5199 1236 Password: weluvotis

Andrea Doe is a poet and writer based in Cleveland, OH. Her main practice is poetry, and she published her first book Nightmare in 2018, and has recently published her second book Istighfar. She was a frequent performer at “The People’s Poetry Slam,” and has done fellowships at Twelve Literary Arts. Her writing blurs the lines between prose and poetry as she keys in on topics such as racism, mental illness, womanhood, and the beauty of her Islamic faith.

Following Andrea's performance, share your own work during the Open Mic portion!

PBC-Kang 2

Thursday, December 16, 2021, 7pm
Lydia Kang: Patient Zero
~2nd Thursdays + 4th Thursdays, via Zoom~
Finally, a book club for the Peculiars! Join host and local author of Mr Humble and Dr. Butcher, Dr. Brandy Schillace for book club dates with your favorite authors of strange history, medical marvels, and weird science.You'll get to meet the author and participate in the discussion–so come with questions!

For this edition of the Peculiar Book Club, we'll celebrate the launch of Lydia Kang's new book, Patient Zero, which illuminates the long and fascinating history of disease outbreaks—how they start, how they spread, the science that lets us understand them, and how we race to destroy them before they destroy us. Register for the event here, and get a signed copy of the book from Loganberry's online store or call us at (216) 795-9800

Other Offerings

Austen books-1

Used Book Trading on Hold

We're taking a break from buying used books from customers for the holiday season. We'll resume in late January--keep an eye on our website and social media for an announcement of when we're ready to look at your books again!

9VtEvS25ksk1qLsJy2vJX4hjsYdNXpR6HdZkfxUzo67jfPNaK0cbLgZ0NyxxU-zJHdZUU2SfB9NmXOY88MwQVlldk0GnrQDltA-F

Private Browsing Evenings

Have you always dreamed of having Loganberry to yourself? We're offering you the chance to make that wish come true this holiday season! With advance notice of at least 5 days, you can reserve an evening (6pm-8pm) of private browsing for up to 8 people. Reservation cost is $50, all of which can be applied toward Loganberry purchases. Contact john@logan.com to request your preferred browsing slot.

5yearBanner-website-homepage-185px

Support Kids Book Bank

Throughout the holiday season, you can join in our efforts to support Kids Book Bank, the Cleveland nonprofit that distributes great books to kids in need throughout Northeast Ohio. There are many ways to pitch in:

▪ purchase select picture books from Loganberry at 20% off to put in our donation box
▪ bring near-new picture books in for donation
▪ round up your purchase price and donate the difference
▪ donate in store by cash or check
purchase select picture books from Loganberry at 20% off to put in our donation box
bring near-new picture books in for donation
round up your purchase price and donate the difference
donate in store by cash or check

Ways to shop and support Loganberry

▪ Our Online Store: In-store stock of new and collectible books for sale online expands every week! Since it's only a fraction of what we have in-store, if you don't see something, email or call and we'll happily check. We also have great Loganberry T-shirts, totes, mugs, and more!
▪ Bookshop.org: Buy books that we don't have in-store, have them shipped directly to you, and we'll get a portion of the sale!
▪ Book of the Month Club: Hand-selected books mailed to readers monthly for for 25 years! If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.
▪ Gift Certificates: online or over the phone at 216-795-9800.
▪ Digital Audiobooks from Loganberry via Libro.fm
▪ Ebooks from Loganberry.
▪ Follow us on Social Media: **Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.**
Our Online Store: In-store stock of new and collectible books for sale online expands every week! Since it's only a fraction of what we have in-store, if you don't see something, email or call and we'll happily check. We also have great Loganberry T-shirts, totes, mugs, and more!
Bookshop.org: Buy books that we don't have in-store, have them shipped directly to you, and we'll get a portion of the sale!
Book of the Month Club: Hand-selected books mailed to readers monthly for for 25 years! If you'd like to sign up or ask any questions, please email julie@logan.com.
Gift Certificates: online or over the phone at 216-795-9800.
Digital Audiobooks from Loganberry via Libro.fm
Ebooks from Loganberry.
Follow us on Social Media: **Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and the Loganberry Blog.**
4C459E19-137A-4E8C-AB7F-19081346302A

New Loganberry Swag

Designed by our own Rachel Krislov, we're pleased to be unveil our 2021 T-shirt design, shown here! As always, we also have magnets, round stickers, pens, pencils, bumper stickers, our perfect (featuring art by local author Terri Libenson, Edible Books aprons, and some older branded clothing like the Author Alley t-shirt. Your purchase of Loganberry merch shows your support of local business, and is a great gift for someone who is difficult to choose for. We'll giftwrap for free and ship anywhere!

Good to know:

▪ Store Hours Extended for the Holidays: Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm, Friday 10am-8:30pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 12-5pm
▪ Masks required
▪ It's so nice to see you again, thanks for stopping by!
Store Hours Extended for the Holidays: Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm, Friday 10am-8:30pm, Saturday 10am-6pm, Sunday 12-5pm
Masks required
It's so nice to see you again, thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for reading,
Harriett & all the Loganberries