From: Harriett Logan <harriett@logan.com>
Subject: Loganberry Anniversary Specials
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 11:45:16 -0500
To: LoganberryNews@logan.com <LoganberryNews@logan.com>

Salutations!

While the leaves fall and the air grows a tad chilly, we have some specials to warm you up!  First, there’s our Friday the 13th  special: 10% off all mysteries.  (This happens every Friday the 13th—but there’s not all that many of them in a year, so don’t wait, come this time!)  And, because it’s our 15th Anniversary this month, books will be 15% off on Friday and Saturday the 20th and 21stThere will be gifties, perks, munchies and raffles in addition to discount, so come celebrate with us.  And you know (don’t you?) that the weekend after that is the annual Larchmere Holiday Stroll (details below), and we’re already getting ready.

Recent Acquisitions

lb-incoming-icon.jpgPRETTY GLOSSY CHEAP NEW REMAINDERS! ‘tis the season…

·         Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar…

·         1,000 Places to See Before you Die

·         Fall  gorgeous photography by Christopher Griffith

·         Louis Comfort Tiffany: artist for the ages

·         Gustav Stickley by David Cathers

·         The Architect: Women in Contemporary Architecture

·         Into the Wind: The Art of the Kite

·         Orchidelirium, photography by Harold Feinstein

·         Treasures of the American Arts and Crafts Movement

Annex Gallery

gall-pacini-s.jpgLauren Pacini: Extended Dynamic Range: Beauty in Black and White

November 5 - 30
The exhibit includes selected pieces from three of the photographer’s series – Guardians of Our Heritage, Across the Water, and Trees: Up Close and Personal. All of the work strives to capture what is seen by the eye – not by the camera. Lauren is a long-time resident of Shaker Heights; best known for his nature photography. Although the show opened last week, you still have a chance to see it through November 30.

Gene's Jazz Hot

genesjazzhot-johnny-w-s.jpgCD Gene's Jazz Hot
Thursday, November 12, 7-9pm

~ second Thursdays ~

We had a swinging good time last month with the release of Gene's Jazz Hot's second CD, Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy: Live at Loganberry Books.  But don't worry if you missed it, because the band plays every second Thursday here at Loganberry, and they always sound good.  Besides, we have their CD available for sale.

friday13.jpgFriday the 13th Special

It only happens a couple times per year: Friday the Thirteenth.  Sounds like a good excuse for a sale on mysteries, don’t you think?  So be it!  November is such a special month, so join us on Friday the 13th for 10% off all mysteries!

Stump the Bookseller  Selection of the month

stump.jpgM580: series of books, 1st medieval, lover named "Yaffle"
This was a series, read in the '80's but is older. The first book involves a young sheltered girl with a tyrannical father. She is sent to her Aunt's keep, learns strength & independence, meets & marries a young man with a red feather in his cap whom she calls "Yaffle".  The feather reappears later.

Light Up Larchmere!

lights-martel.jpgTuesday, November 17th, 6-8 pm

~ Holiday Party and Fundraiser ~

The Larchmere Merchants Association invites you to gather with friends and neighbors to celebrate the holiday season. We’ll drink a toast at the Larchmere Tavern, and enter our names in various raffles to win things like gift baskets from Loganberry or a $500 shopping spree on Larchmere.  The funds raised from this event will support our plans for a holiday tree lighting project, to illuminate the wonderful street trees in our commercial district. Help us to light up Larchmere!  Tickets $10.

N.O.B.S. Forums

nobs-logo-m.jpgTom Balbo:  Morgan Paper Conservatory
Thursday, November 19, 7pm

~ third Thursdays ~

Tom Balbo, founder and Executive Director of the Morgan Conservatory, will talk about the mission of the Morgan art center which is dedicated to the production and preservation of handmade papermaking and the art of the book.  He will also discuss the importance of maintaining this type of art environment in today’s world when so many facilities and schools across the United States are scaling back or discontinuing their programs.  $3 suggested donation.

Anniversary Celebration

logo-s.jpgFriday & Saturday, November 20 & 21

It’s our 15th Anniversary this month, so we decided to do a little something to mark the occasion.  First, of course, all books will be 15% off.  There will also be gifties, perks, munchies and raffles in addition to the discount.  We haven’t chosen the grand raffle winning prize yet, but it’s sure to be grand.  Any purchase gets your name in the pot to win!  Hope to see you!

* Larchmere Holiday Stroll *

holiday-art-s.jpgFriday and Saturday, November 27 & 28, 10 am - 8 pm

~ Thanksgiving weekend ~

Join the merchants of Larchmere for a weekend of holiday shopping at dozens of independent shops, services and award-winning restaurants.  We’ll have music and munchies, and tons of great indie holiday shopping.  This year, we’re also pleased to welcome BAZAAR BIZARRE, the popular indie craft show, to the mix.  More info to follow; but mark the date now!

Book Clubs

fict-austen-ss.jpgAusteniana Book Club ~  Jane Austen’s  Mansfield Park and Emma

Praise the Unsung Book Club ~ Muriel Barbery’s The Elegance of the Hedgehog

Thursday, January 28, 7pm

~ fourth Thursdays ~

Both of our book clubs will take a long holiday break to celebrate the various winter holidays.  We’ll reconvene in January to discuss some gems.  We look forward to seeing you then!

peace,

Harriett

Loganberry Books

13015 Larchmere Boulevard;  Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120;  216.795.9800

On Twitter: @loganberrybooks   On Facebook: loganberrybooks

Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm; Thursday 'til 8pm

This is a monthly e-newsletter from Loganberry Books.  Archives and Press Releases:  http://mail.logan.com/lists/.